home equity line of credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kguan4815

Honestly, I don't know much about this. It was recommended as a way of a loan for college tuition and expenses.

Financial aid and private student loans that go through financial aid school department list is not an option either.

Home Equity Line of Credit seems to be the only solution for funds while I am in school. Unless other personal loans that are similar?
I understand that some, you can pay interest only on what money you draw, for up to 10 years and then pay back according to the deadline with interest.

What are the negatives? Is your credit-score effected?

I obviously cannot take out this loan, however, the individual who was going to be my co-signer for student loans is eligible. Just trying to find the best solution where co-signer will not have to pay a lot while I am in school, therefore, giving me time so then I take over full payments when I get out of school. Other personal loans I have looked at have high interest to pay per month with only a 3 year deadline, which would be my schooling so that does not work.

Any advice is welcomed, personal experience through similar situation, maybe someone that used this option is appreciated as well.

Note that this is an Irish website.

So you may not get many relevant answers.

Your query seems to be about US college loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back