Home Bond cover?

frescoflyer

Hi,

I purchased a house (current residence) in back in October, 1997.

I believe the house is covered by Homebond, which I understand lasts for 10 years.

A number of years ago, there were issues with the drain junction boxes placed by the developers, in that some of the pipe exits not used were not sealed off at the junction box. As a consequence, smells etc were coming from the main drain into the house. This, I understood at the time, was resolved by the builder.

Recently, I have noticed what appears to be damp from both the inside and outside the kitchen wall (where the sink is). This, coincidently, is also in front of the drain which was not sealed off properly when the house was built.

Do you know if this sort of issue (wall damp as a possible result of the original drainage defect) is covered by home bond?

Best Regards,

Fresco

HomeBond covers serious structural issues that the developer won't put right in the first 10 years lifetime of the property. If you're lucky! In my experience they don't really cover anything. By all means try contacting the developer and then HomeBond to see if they will do anything about your problems. If not then it's a case of deciding whether or not to claim on your house insurance if applicable and then putting the problem right yourself.

Back