Home Automation Systems

cojm

I am currently building my new 4 bed home. I have always had a interest in Audio/Visual equipment. I came across a company Home Automation Systems who install systems such as home cinemas, lighting control and touch screens etc. Has anybody ever installed this technology in their home, and if so did you use the above company. I have met with the Engineer and they seem professional and know what they are doing.

Any comments

I'm sure they are reputable, but I would say you are looking at a lot of money.

You should look at Cloney Audio in Blackrock also - again, not cheap, but high quality stuff.

Call John from [broken link removed] on (01) 610 4990. Their main focus is home automation and I can vouch for his knowlege of products and technologies.

You are probably under pressure but if you are going down the home cinema route I'd do a fair bit of research first:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/

The best of the mags

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php?

The best forum I found on the subject.

My own experience is that it is very difficult to source up to date technology here. I am at present in the process of putting in a home cinema ( projector & screen ) but have found that I've had to import everything ( including cabling ) because what I was looking for just isn't available here.

The limited technology that is available here.

e.g. [broken link removed]

is available in the UK or Germany for less than half the price.

[broken link removed]

A consideration at present is that television technology is currently taking huge leaps. While I think it's impossible to fully protect yourself against the future there are steps you can take to make sure your equipment won't be obselete sooner rather than later. Would recommend that you read up on High Definition.

I'd love to hear how you get on with the installers here and at the risk of being nosey, what equipment they are recommending for you and costs. Not saying that using an installer is the wrong option but would recommend that you educate yourself prior to making the leap.

The engineer at Home Automation Systems went through everything with me. They have a presentation that goes through everything. I found them to be more cost effective than Cloney or Acoustic. I think i will be going with them for a 6 zone audio system.

Thanks all for your help.