Home Alarms

rochs

I wonder if anyone could help me or offer some advice about Home alarm's which is the best Monitor or not what is the cost per annum for monitoring are there other companys beside Phone Watch.

Regards

rochs

No experience on monitoring systems but the best thing we ever did was get 2 dogs. We had one dog and when she died we were burgled 3 days later. Got 2 dogs and nothing since. Still no alarm.

Average price for monitoring including a service & maintaince contract would be €300- €350 a year

I wonder if anyone could help me or offer some advice about Home alarm's which is the best Monitor or not what is the cost per annum for monitoring are there other companys beside Phone Watch.

Regards

rochs

Most companies will provide you with a monitored alarm system as they "sub contract" the monitoring to the likes of Omada or AMS or others, one other option you can look at is when you get your alarm installed ask them to fit a "text" digi and you have no annual fee with this. aslo use a company that is registered with the p.s.a.

best of luck

Hi FIREFLY

Thank you for replying i like the idea of Dogs but who will feed the dogs if i'm away for a few weeks.

IS3218.

can you explain what a "text" digi is

Regards

rochs

A text digi is a dialler that simply texts your phone if your alarm activates.
No confirmation, No emergency services & no key holders are contacted.
I dont use them to be honest , they serve no purpose really & give a false sense of security.
Central station monitoring with alarm verification is the best solution.

Thanks Colm.

I never heard of it but i agree with you it's no substitute for monitoring.

Regards

rochs

With the new HKC panel it has confirmation and will tell you what zone has activtated.

ADT monitored alarms recommended - get estimate. Please don't go for an alarm that wakes the whole neighbourhood and use a reputable company which puts the proper timings in place. My pet hate is neighbours whose alarms go all day. I wish there was legislation in place.

Have to say you are one of the few that would recommend them

any one have any experience of eircom phone watch, was thinking of going with them,

With the new HKC panel it has confirmation and will tell you what zone has activtated.
Telling you what zone has activated is not confirmation that someone has been contacted. I stated this before & I'll say it again here. If for some reason you need to press a panic button what good is your phone sitting in your pocket saying 1 new message

Have to say you are one of the few that would recommend them
ADT=Very expensive .. Expect to pay €100 plus for a call out on top of your service contract
any one have any experience of eircom phone watch, was thinking of going with them,
Expect the same over charging as ADT