Holywood, Co Down to Celbridge

D

daithid2000

Hi,

Anyone know if the routefinder thingys provide an accurate time of journey.

I will be travelling from Holywood, outside Belfast to Celbridge (probably via Trim, Navan, Slane etc to avoid the M50 rush hour traffic) and it says the journey time would be around 2h50mins.

Would this be accurate?

I would have thought it wouldn't be too far wrong (traffic permitting) .... Belfast to Dublin should be do-able in around the 2 hour mark now (it is after all only 100miles) ... adding on a bit for Celbridge and the fact that Hollywood means having to cross Belfast I'd have thought 2h50 would be reasonable enough if not even a bit conservative.

Unless you were going around the m50 in at a time when the traffic would be really awful I would think that going via Navan, Trim would add a lot to your journey ... From Drogheda to Celbridge via M1/M50 is basically all Motorway - going via Navan/Trim is basically all pretty crap roads all the way (and a longer distance too)

Any time in the late afternoon is a bad time to be hitting the toll bridge!

Thanks Doc, but would be leaving Holywood around 2 or 3 ish, so would probably be hitting the M50 toll bridge bang on the most awful time imaginable, around 5ish! Looks like its the back roads for me.

holywood to celbridge

i did holywood to lucan 2 weeks ago in the evening time in just over 2 hours.
to avoid the m50 toll bridge, id get off at blanchardstown
and go clonee -lucan-celbridge

Re: holywood to celbridge

Excellent Eamonn. Never thought of going that way.

Just to clarify the route, I presume I turn off at the Blanchardstown shopping centre??

What time did you do the journey at, as I dont want to get stuck in traffic around the centre

Thanks

Back