Hollyhill Lane -Cork: Anybody have any info on this new development?

Re: Hollyhill Lane -Cork

Dont know how often this is been updated
but there is some info here [broken link removed]

it shows a pic of them too

it gives following info

there is also an email at the end that u could contact
E-mail: housing@corkcity.ie
reason why i'm mentioning this as site says updated in 05 so there coould be more updates than this
Hollyhill Lane 21

Work Completed
Hollyhill Lane II

Under Construction 28

Last edited:

it is IMO not a nice part of the city to live, I rented in Monastary ave...

really. Is it dangerous around there. I know that Knocknaheeny has a bad name.

Things are changing its defo not as bad as it was

however u would need to know that the public service/Say bus Number 2 that comes up to knocka , which passes hollyhill shopping center etc , is periodically esp during winter months withdrawn when kids throw stones etc at the bus driver
Now it could be that the bus drivers dont want to risk driving, but that sets the scene
also from time to time there is burned out cars
But to be honest i've worked in a company up that way for 6 yrs up there and none of our cars have been ever touched ,

shoppiing center is where supervalue/post office /library is , there is also a primary school, Secondary school which looks like its been upgraded as well
There is also a pub near here affectionately known as the "flying bottle "
I would think its best to know these things so that u are not going into the area blind
yet the prices of houses are very good and the pictures on
[broken link removed] look lovely for them

Last edited:

thanks jane . yes the prices are good but I think that may be because of the area that its in. by the way is Hollyhill , part of Knocknaheeney or is it a seperate suburb of its own?

hollyhill is an area of knocknaheeny

i work in hollyhill, knocknaheeny

Its true the price does reflect i guess the name it has, however locals have no problem living here, and u'd think they would be in a better position to judge the place and if it was that bad they'd be moving away

in the past there was a bad stigma to this area, i remember 96 fm (local radio station ) doiing a report on it , ie employers not employing peo who gave this area knocknaheeny as their address
i do not think its that way now, well not officially of course,
if u look at the houses around here, they are lovely some really nice, compared to before alot of them looked like corporation and i always think looking at cars outside houses, there are alot more 05 ,06 cars up this way
then say in a posher area of douglas which is supposed to be synomous with wealth
i guess the only real way of knowing about an area u plan to live 20 , 30 years is to drive up both night and day and esp on bank hol weekends
u get to see the real side

PS passage West near douglas had a bad name about 10 years ago as well , as dead end town , and now its supposed to be developed as the next kinsale so go figure all these ideas and images of a place change , as the population of the area gets older etc

Hollyhill is not an area of Knocknaheeny. They are located adjacant to each other. The "Flying Bottle" and Supervalu marks the dividing point essentially. Knocknaheeny consists of council houses. Hollyhill is mostly private (with the notable exceptions of places like Ardcullen). A lot of Hollyhill is physically located on the blarney road; indeed people who live in Knocknaheeny have a tendency to say they life in Hollyhill, while those in Hollyhill have a tendancey to say they live on the Blarney Road (or even Shanakiel)! Hollyhill is a definite step up from Knocknaheeney.

was down there yesterday with my friend who is moving into one ot the houses. one of her neighbours windows had been smashed and other people are installing burgular alarms so perhaps there is some justification to concerns about the area.

there is a halting site located in Hollyhill and at this time of the year watch out for the racing up and down the roads - mainly the blarney one with horses and those cart'ie thingies. Thats the only time you know it exists there.

was up in Knocknaheeny yesterday .There is a pub there called the Hollyhill Inn, north of Harbour View Rd , then a chipper called the Hollyhill Burger Bar and there is a new fenced estate opposite Kilmore Park called The Meadows, Hollyhill. I'm beginning to wonder whether Hollyhill is actually just the new name for Knocknaheeny.

that pub was the flyin bottle.
It is not somewhere i would like to live or bring up children. You do meet relly decent, respectable folks Knocka and Hollyhillers but usually what happens is that they grow up and get out moving to other parts of the city where their address is "better". That is my experience anyway.

the horses are mainly grazed in the apple car park and once their owners get up or home from school then the "jockying" starts..

Hi, i have bought a 2 bed house in hollyhill lane and l have had no trouble whatsoever, the house is perfect, all rooms are good sizes and i could not wish for better neighbours, its not the neighbourhood its the people that count

Renting near this development and haven't had any trouble at all and have only heard good things about it. Ciar is right, is the people that count.

Back