Holidays to Turkey!

A

amberchic22

Guys, have any of you travelled to Turkey for a holiday. My boyfriend and I are talking about going there but we're not sure if its a good choice! I've heard a mixture of comments from friends and all have been mixed so Im not sure what to think! Anyone out there have recommendations? Tnx's!

We have had holidays in Bodrum, Gumbet, Bitez and never had a bad holiday. The people could not be more friendly and the food was great not to mention the sunshine every day. Turkey is full of fond memories for us.

What are you after beech sun holiday or city break cultural stuff? We are hitting Istanbul and Capadocia shortly and all research to date and talking to others who have gone is very positive. Istanbul seems expensive enough though but there is loads to do and direct flights daily with Turkish Ailines from Dublin (well 'cano dependent!). Seems to be very popular from what I can see. I'll report back.

not a better place in my opinion.. turkey is amazing. went on holidays there twice and loved every minute of it. we were in kusadasi both times and couldnt recommend it enough. loved it. we stayed in the sea light hotel. AMAZING. ul have the best time ever

went to Gumbet last year in May had a brilliant time. stayed in the Magnific hotel and couldnt recommend it more. will defo be going back sometime

Thanks to all for the helpful advice. I hope to go to Turkey for a relaxing holiday, I don't think we will be going there to do sightseeing like a city break. All in all the above comments have been very positive! Turkey may be the place to visit after all!

Have spent holidays in Gumbet and Kusadasi. Both excellent. From Gumbet you can make a day trip to Kos if you wish. If you want to see Ephesus, Kusadasi is nearer. I think Turkey is one of the best places to go to. Transport on the Dolmus minibuses is very cheap. Taxis are also reasonable. The people are very friendly - go, you will really enjoy it.

Bitez is nice, You can do scuba dive and white water rafting excursions . People are nice. food is great and it's very cheap

I did not like the look of Bodrum.

You can also so day trips to Kos in Greece. Only a few miles away by boat.

Bitez recommended. 1 week plenty

Went to Dalyan last year for two weeks, a gem of a place. Only spent €500 and eating out every night. The people are so warm and friendly.

Turkey - Kusadasi or Cesme?

Hope to take up an offer of the use of a villa for two weeks in either Kusadasi or Cesme. anyone know anything about Cesme. I have read some pieces about Kusadasi which appears to be quite a lively place. As we prefer to be well away from the crowds I am wondering if we should go to Cesme instead. Any view?
Also has anyone any experience of driving in either of these places. Been warned that the Turks drive like lunatics but I wonder could they be any worse then the Italians - in the Rome area!! experienced their driving a few years ago and quite honestly your heart is in your mouth at all times.