holidays to Majorca with 2 small kids

Grapes

Hi All

We're planning to go to Majorca early September with 2 kids aged 3yrs and 1.5 (by sept). We're trying to decide which is the best option for us regarding accommodation self catering or staying in an apartment hotel. We're looking at staying in Alcudia as we've heard it's really family orientated. Anyone be able to recommend a good place to stay we have narrowed it down but would appreciate any recommendations

thanks in advance

Hi Grapes - It was recommended to me, I've recommended to people and I've stayed there a few times - Sea Club in Alcudia, perfect for kids. All appartments, but only 2 stories - no high rise.. different blocks in the complex, multiple swimming pools, activities in the evening, with live shows. To be honest, couldn't recommend it enough, only for families with kids... will be going back again (hopefully) next year... only heard all good stories about the place...

Have to agree with previous poster.

We stayed in Seaclub in May for 2 weeks and it was amazing. We have a little 3 year old girl and she loved it.

One piece of advice I would offer is that the Seaclub is split into 4 complexs A,B,C,D - A is for mostly Scandinavian. B and C are mixed and D seems to be where most of the Irish are put. Try to avoid D and ask before arriving for either B or C. We stayed in Block C and it was great. Great location and very big. D is almost apart from the main area and a lot of poeple complain on arriving when it is too late.

Alcudia itslef is amazing. Fantastic beach and would recommend heading into the Old Town (taxi for 5 euros) and head to the port also (15 minute walk along the beach which is really nice)

Cant wait for next year when we will be heading back. The kids club is amazing for the little ones and the entertainment at night is class.

Hobby Club in Puerto Pollensa (just down the road from Alcudia) is fabulous for children, lovely pool area and directly across the road from magnificent beach, bliss. Puerto Pollensa is nicer area than Alcudia, not as high rise and with alot more to do and loads more choice in restaurants, good Eroski supermarket 10 min walk from Hobby Club also a smaller Eroski in centre of Puerto Pollensa

I would agree with Trudee that Puerto Pollensa is much nicer than Alcudia. My sister has used Hobby Club twice and highly recommends it.

Back