Holiday with 2 small kids

I just found the name of the place we stayed in Lanzarote, Club Hotetur Lanzarote Bay , Costa Teguise. Panorama go there and I think Direct Holidays so as well.

Hi Suzie,When we went we stayed in a Tahiti Suite because we wanted air conditioning but this year they have put air conditioning in the tahiti as well.If cost isn't a problem then i would go for the Suite.We are going back in may and that's what i've booked but there are 6 of us going.The Louisianne also has air c and they were only new last year.I was going mad that i didn't look in them when i was there but they looked lovely from the outside.
The only bad thing i can say about the bungalows is that they are quite dark inside but we spent most of out time sitting outside on the patio.
If ye want more info on Sanguli there is a thread running on www.rollercoaster.ie discussion boards under your reviews called camping sanguli, and it's been running for the last year so all the info is on it.As regards booking ,i would book by phone just to be safe.
Tina

Hi, you've all done a good job pushing Menorca...you've got me thinking!....can someone tells me who flies from Cork to Menorca? Myself and my gang need to take a holiday mid-March (because my son turns 2 in April!).

Ok folks, Carpenter Junior II has arrived and myself and Mrs C really need another nice holiday this year, sometime around September (Menorca last year with Carpenter Junior I was the business, probably the best holiday we ever had). Should we take the safe bet and head back to Menorca or can anyone recommend something similar?

We've recently come back from two weeks in Carnac in Brittany (2 small kids, elder 2 1/2 and the younger 10 months and we had a ball. I'd heartily recommend it for small children. Some things that we found that may resonate with other parents of young kids.
- We travelled in our own car on the ferry. No hassle at airport, had our own car seats, could load up lots of gear -- buggies, etc, able to bring back some goodies. Travelled with Brittany Ferries, took a cabin - v. pleasent journey.
- Took a mobile home in Carnac on nice campsite. Easy to maintain. Campsite had a toddler's pool, access to the beach and plenty of nice playgrounds for the kids, and plenty of other small kids around, so our two were both well occupied for the fortnight.
- Weather was normally in the mid 20's and sunny. Had two wet mornings, so no great fussing with sun-creams, etc.
So, all in all, we all had a pleasant couple of weeks. We intend returning next year with the kids and we'll probably bring the dogs (another advantage for us - both Brittany Ferries and the campsite are sufficiently geared for dogs to make bringing them possible).

Sounds good- how much did it cost, if you dont mind me asking?
What facilities- bars restaurants etc
What were the other people like, was there much rowdiness? Somebody told me of a place where the adults got sloshed and the kids ran riot

This year we took a 10 mth to Salou and had a nice break but next year we are thinking of France by car- with an extra nipper

I went by ferry to Brittany last year (from ringaskiddy)- i also have two kids under the age of three. I found it fantastic. We stayed in la plage, only an hour and a quarters drive from the ferry point. It was literally 1 minute from the beach, it had a waterslide, playground and bouncy castle. There was a bar and a shop on site aswell. I found it the most relaxing holiday ever. We're going again this year - getting the ferry is alot less strenuous than flying with 2 small kids.

Congratulations Carpenter! What age will #2 be in September? Have to say I'm playing it safe this year and staying in Ireland, and will wait until next year to go abroad- I figure until the youngest is at least crawling the holiday might be too hard going, and better still if they're walking. So I'm thinking it'll be at least a year before we'll go again. And then I'm thinking either back to Menorca or South of France...I'll be interested to know how you get on though.