holiday with 1 year old

milly123

Hi,

We are hoping to go away on a sun holiday in September with a 14month old baby. Any recommendations within say 2 - 3 hour flight time. ideally somewhere where it would be possible to bring kids into restaurants at night etc.

Thanks

We were away a few times last year with our under 1 year old to Sicily (Taormina/Giardini Naxos) and Portugal (Alvor and Lagos) and found them very child friendly. www.rollercoaster.ie might be worth checking for recommendations and tips.

Agree with Clubman Portugal is v child friendly also Lanzarotte 3-3.5 hrs flight time, would reccomend Sol Lanzarotte in Matagorda about 10 mins from Pueorto del Carmen, I know direct holidays have offers for there at the moment for Sept.

We've booked Portugal (Lagos) for ourselves this year (two children under 3); have had very good experiences in Menorca in the past.

was in lagos a few years back with my son and we thought it was nice, the resturants are good and are very reasonable, Alcudia was also nice we were there last year, flight time is about 2 hours which was great.

Have to say the people in Malta love babies and children but if you look for any resort with a Kiddies Club you should be ok. Even if a one year old in too young for the club the resort/hotel will be used to dealing with babies, buggies, crying etc.

BB

Would a 14 month old not be a bit young for a kiddies club? I suppose it may depend on the individual toddler...

Menorca, and we were there in Sept also, comfortable weather and very child friendly

We also brought young ( at the time ) kids to Alcudia in Majorca and found the restaurants to be very child friendly . In general it is a lovely area and should be quieter in September than the peak summer months which was when we went. Aer Lingus fly direct to Palma in Majorca if you fancy organising your own hoilday. The flight time was closer to three hours though - johndoe64 above must have been travelling by MiG :D.

Back