holiday visa to USA ?

Nope - if you're just going for >3 months you just fill out a form in the airport and sams ur uncle

Yes, if you need a Visa.

However if you are an EU citizen and visiting for less than 3 months (may be 90 days) you are probably eligible for the Visa Waiver programme. Which as elefant says involves a form you (get at the airport or on the plane) and present at immigration when travelling.

Make sure you have Machine Readable passport. My friend was turned back from US Immigration at Dublin Airport last week for not have a one and was not allowed to fly.

Indeed Clubman,

Just to clarify Mugsgame - it's 90 days NOT 3 months.

Enjoy yourself !

Re the Visa Waiver programme, does this refer to 90 days per year or all in one stay? Could you say, go there for two weeks early in the year Feb, and then for a longer period at the end of the same year say October?

Was there last year for two weeks, but want to go this year for the full 90 days.

Re the Visa Waiver programme, does this refer to 90 days per year or all in one stay? Could you say, go there for two weeks early in the year Feb, and then for a longer period at the end of the same year say October?

Was there last year for two weeks, but want to go this year for the full 90 days.

Its just 90 days per stay.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway!!

I am considering travelling to the US this year some time for a holiday. I was in Cuba last year and it was the only time I ever asked the guy to stamp my passport, as I wanted it as a souvenir.

Will the customs guys in the US ask me anything about this trip or will they not care?

They never take any notice of the huge Vietnamese visa in our passports when we've been to the US since our trip to Vietnam.

Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba are the destinations US citizens need special permission to visit. So I can't imagine they'd pay any more attention to a Cuban stamp.

Back