Holiday visa for Canada

jrewing

My wife requires a visa to enter Canada - while my daughter and I do not. However, we need to be named on her application as accompanying family members.

From the literature, it seems that we ALL need to send photographs, documents etc. The accompanying explanatory literature does not comment on the case where the accompanying persons do not need a visa.

My wife has called the Canadian Embassy in Dublin, where she was referred to the London Embassy for all visa queries. However, the London visa query telephone line is a recorded message only - you cannot talk to anyone.

Does anybody have experience of getting a Canadian visa in our situation ? Or do you know of any way to actually talk to a Canadian visa representative as opposed to listening to a recorded message ?

Thanks
JR

Went to Canada last summer. Booked it the day before and most certainly didn't have a visa in place. I'm sure we just filled up the usual immigration forms on the plane. If you're wife is not an Irish citizen, you should check out on the following link to see whether or not she does indeed need a visa.

Can people try to answer the question asked? There are many nationalities (including some Europeans) that do require a Visa to visit Canada.

I can't answer the question, but it may be worth visiting London to apply in person, if that's at all possible. A friend living in Ireland had a terrible experience trying to apply for a Canadian visa by post last summer (visa was applied for in plenty of time but a week before the trip there was no sign of visa or passport, only resolved after diplomatic intervention by Irish officials.).

Jrewing: Apologies for dragging your old post up again but my friend is in the same position as you:

Her Husband need to apply for a Visa, while herself & her daughter been Irish Citizens don't.

How long does the process take, and it seems that you have to send over your actual passport to London??

If i was him I wouldn't be that keen to send my passport off in the post like that...

Back