Holiday visa for Australia.

Ash 22

Just got a holiday visa online from www.nationalvisas.com for Australia. I hope this site is ok, anybody already use it? What I printed out looks very basic for a visa. Anybody out there know much about this.

Theres a lot of scam type websites which offer something for a fee which is usually free. Even travelling to the USA , I filled in my holiday visa forms at immigration and was entitled to stay there on holiday for 3 months if I wished. Why is Australia any different ?

you can apply online for a VISA - [broken link removed]
I have used it -easy no charge - had notification of my VISA after about 48 hours but they suggest applying for the visa before confirming flights etc

I might email the embassy and see if this site is legit or they may be able to check and see that it has gone through properly.

Gallogly, while the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority, or visa) is free from that site, there is an admininstration fee of AU$20.

Ash, there is no need to have a printed visa for Australia - it is done electronically. The best way to check that what you got from that site is legitimate is to contact Australian Immigration at the following e-mail address: etareferrals.lhlh@dfat.gov.au. They should be able to tell you if the visa has been applied to your passport.

Edit: just took a look at that site and, like many similar ones, they are overcharging for the service. They're charging US$39, which equates to almost AU$42 - over double what the official site charges.

Last edited:
This is the free visitor visa
[broken link removed]
no admin fee or anything, why do people pay for something that's free?

That eVisitor is a new one on me! I wonder how long that's been around? Last time I was in Australia, an ETA was the only option, and that cost AU$20 for administration. I know which one I'll be choosing on my next visit!

I think it's pretty recent (within the last year or so) .. The ETA (A$20 charge) still exists for some countries .. but most EU countries (including Ireland) now use the eVisitor option which is free, gratis and for nothing !

Yep, I can confirm i got a temporary visa a few months ago via the official site and it was free, had an email confirmation about 12 hours later that I was ok to travel

Thanks a mil for all your replies and thanks very much Celtwytch for that email address. I'm just after sending off a query there now.

Visa went through fine with Nationalvisas so thankfully they're all above board.
Thanks again for your help.