Holiday to Vietnam taking kids ?

Wexfordman

Hi,

I have a trip to vietnam possibly in August this year, and was thinking of taking the family. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of vietnam and would they recommend it as a trip for all the family (a 3 year old and an 8 year old).

My own trip is not work related, going over to assist a friend with an adoption, so I will have lots of spare time.

Wexfordman

I loved Vietnam. What part are you going to?

I see no reason not to take kids depending on the weather. Humidity can be awful in Vietnam, we found Hue to be unbearable.

Loved Hoi An and would highly recommend it as a destination. Stay in a resort just outside the town, we stayed in the Victoria - heaven on earth.

Do not even consider hiring a car, the scariest traffic I have ever encountered, from small towns to Hanoi and HCM the roads were scary. Because of this you need to drill your kids to hold hands with the adults, even the 8 year old. Basically there are no rules of the road obeyed.

HCM has a bad reputation for crime but I never felt unsafe there. Having said that for kids maybe Hanoi and Hoi An are better destinations.

hth