Holiday to Cape Town

R Flan

I am heading to Cape Town on Friday and was wondering if anyone would know of some quality vineyards in stellenbosch to go wine tasting?

thanks.

See if you can book "Le Pique Nique" in Boschendal (www.boschendal.com) - very relaxing way to spend an afternoon with good food and wine, under an hours drive from Cape Town. Could combine it with a wine tasting there too.

I am heading to Cape Town on Friday and was wondering if anyone would know of some quality vineyards in stellenbosch to go wine tasting?

thanks.

When we stayed in Cape Town we visited Franschhoek instead of Stellenbosch to do wine tasting. Very nice place and famous for its food.

We went to who only make sparkling wines. I'd never had red sparkling before so it was very interesting to try. For a ridiculously low price we got to try 6 different wines. There is a restaurant there which is open for breakfast and lunch.

I agree with fandango1. Beyerskloof pinotage is a wonderful wine which sells for £6.99 in our local Tesco.

Spier, near to Stellenbosch also produce some great wines, and also have lots of birds (including vultures) for you to mingle with. In addition,you can also stroke a cheetah - provided that you do it carefully!

Also Meerlust winefarm. They had an award winning rubicon. retails here for around €40. I think it was about R180 per bottle

your so lucky. Cape Town is such a great trip.
Try and do the Robben Island trip if you have the time, v good

Just happened to call into a shop in the main st in Stellenbosch when I was there to enquire about a visit to a local township. The guy in the shop (an Englishman whose name I can't remember) was able to organise that for me. As it turned out he also gave vineyard tours himself which I did teh following day - great guy & super day visiting 6 or 7 vineyards. the shop is about half way up Victoria St and sells maps and the usual tourist stuff but if you can find him I would definitely recommend him.

Roy

Thanks for all your help. will check out all the above websites. looking forward to it now!

I lived down there for a bit so know exactly where you need to go. If you need any travel advice please feel free to ask! Haven't been to Stellenbosch in years and thats why i asked about wine tasting to see if there were some new suggestions!

We wnet to Ernie Els winery which was lovely and of special interest if you play golf and the wine was also very good. I was close to Stellenbosch