Holiday spot like Lanzarote, but not Lanzarote!

Squonk

Hello, I need your help. My family and I have been to Lanzarote many times but its great for the kids. We're looking for some other place that's the same but different (if you know what I mean!). This is the checklist....family friendly (two kids under 3), good weather in late September, short transit time to hotel from airport, no lager-louts, good beaches, quality accomodation (4 star). I've done a google search and I find it difficult to tell a good spot from a bad spot. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

How about Feurta Ventura - not sure about spelling. More of the same but not the same. Much quieter than Lanzarote but still a lot of nice restaurants etc.

Puerto Rico is a great spot and has everything you have mentioned in your post!

Hi there,
My friend and I went to Croatia during the first week in June, as I have two children I thought it was a perfect spot for them and my Husband. I would go there again for a family holiday. We stayed in the Meteor hotel four star in Makarska a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Shops and restaurants are a few minutes walk and the beach is outside the hotel. There is a playground for the children right beside it. We booked through

How about Menorca.

I was there a few years ago in an apartment. The whole place is full of couples with young kids. Quiet and laid back. Larger louts would have a nervous breakdown.

I've heard it referred to as Buggy Island and it's easy to see why.

Yes I will second Menorca-we used to go Falcon who do kiddie activities etc
beatuiful beaches and all geared towards families with young kids.Easy place to drive in too .

Try Agadir in Morocco.

No louts, plenty 4 star hotels, Great beach, Great Golf Courses and shorter flying time ( Marginally) than Canaries.

Canary island temperatures all year round.

Sunway ( no connection) do winter and summer packages.

Another vote for Menorca, went there last September with a 3 and 2 year old, no faults

I found Menorca very quiet. AVOID Morocco especially if any of you are blonde - hotels are fabulous but you can't venture outside without local women hissing and spitting at you (from my experience) not a place for shorts or bikini's either!

What about Malta - old English colony so they speak English too. Or Gloria Palace Hotel in Amadores near Puerto Rico, Canaries.

Thanks for the feedback. Menorca sounds interesting. One other thing I forgot to mention is that we need to fly out of Cork. I've done a google search and can't find who flies to Menorca from Cork. Any ideas?

No direct flights from Cork to Menorca! Portugal or Canaries might suit.

Panorama are great for flights from Cork.
[broken link removed]

Sunway also do flights ex Cork
http://www.sunway.ie/

OK Menorca looks like its out. How about Majorca? There's direct fleights from Cork and I've heard good things from collegaues at work. Places like Santa Ponsa are to be avoided, but how about Alcudia?

I went by ferry to Brittany last year (from ringaskiddy)- i also have two kids under the age of three. I found it fantastic. We stayed in la plage, only an hour and a quarters drive from the ferry point. It was literally 1 minute from the beach, it had a waterslide, playground and bouncy castle. There was a bar and a shop on site aswell. I found it the most relaxing holiday ever. We're going again this year - getting the ferry is alot less strenuous than flying with 2 small kids.

Ryanair fly to Nantes and La Rochelle in France. There are lots of good mobile homes etc around these areas. One hour and 10 minutes on the plane seems a good enough reason to fly there with two children aged under 3. www.holidaylettings.co.uk