holiday recommendation summer 2011

tailgunner

looking for recommendation for summer holiday for august 2011 abroad.3 kids .14,12,9.can only go in august due to sitting exams.bit of sun wud be nice and reasonably priced.thanks

In the second half of August, French camping holidays come down in price somewhat. Might be worth checking out. Otherwise I don't fancy your chances of a reasonable price. Slim

Thanks slim.yeah was in france -clarys plage 2 yrs ago -excellent-but jeeze its expensive this year.dont dey know theres a recession!

Hello Tailgunner, We are going to Gran Canaria from Cork on these dates so I just changed some details to see how much it would work out for your family, Assuming two adults and three kids, Flights 634.00 euro plus 60.00 euro per 20 kg case, say you will need three cases then flights work out at 814.00 euro. Accommodation varies but looking at the Ipenema park on their direct site, A family room for 307.00 euro looks a great deal although it seems it is for two adults and two kids but I am sure if you contacted them by phone they would sort something out. This would probably cost you 1,100.00 euro for the week. The flights are with Ryanair tuesday to tuesday, My wife and her sister went with them last month and were very pleased with the service, The reason I would recommend the Ipenema park is that we holidayed there as a family and it is family orientated, Now as a couple in our forties we still go back there on our own or with friends. Good weather and plenty of sun is more or less a given, And if you look around it is not an expensive place to holiday by any means. It might not be what you have in mind but best of luck on your search anyway, Regards Salaried.

Thanks slim.yeah was in france -clarys plage 2 yrs ago -excellent-but jeeze its expensive this year.dont dey know theres a recession!

I was looking at Italian 'villas' on www.summerinitaly.com yesterday and they have reasonably priced houses near the sea, down south of Naples. Prices nudge downwards towards end of August and into September. You could also try and make your own trip with Ryanair flights to Salou and rent an apartment. Nearby is Port Aventura which will occupy your kids for a few days. Barcelona is only an hour up the road - worth a day trip. Slim

Assuming two adults and three kids, Flights 634.00 euro plus 60.00 euro per 20 kg case, say you will need three cases then flights work out at 814.00 euro.

Does anyone really need to bring 3 cases with them?

Unless the children are very small would one case and two carry on's not suffice? If the children are old enough why not bring just carry ons. Our 7 year old grandaughter brought her own carry on recently with no need to pay for a case in the hold.

South west of England, down around Cornwall or Devon can be lovely, ferry over from Rosslare to Wales and drive down, no worries about airplanes, bags or anything like that

Hello and thanks salaried .will check out your suggestion.did villa option a few years ago .adults enjoyed it but kids bored -no other kids to mix+play with.

Your welcome Tailgunner, If you stay in a complex your kids will make friends in no time. Our son did for years and it made his holidays.

LLangollen in N.Wales is a nice little town and is a good base from which to explore N.Wales and places in England like Chester. Ferry, Dublin - Holyhead or Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead and a pleasant drive along the A5 will get you there.

looking for recommendation for summer holiday for august 2011 abroad.3 kids .14,12,9.can only go in august due to sitting exams.bit of sun wud be nice and reasonably priced.thanks

Aug and reasonably priced dont really go hand in hand. Salou would also get my vote. Can highly recommend sanguli camp site staying in the villa paradise chalets