Holiday Parks in Cornwall/Devon

Santry

Looking for recommendations for a holiday park in Cornwall or Devon for summer holidays this year please. Kids range in age from 9 - 3, and it must have an indoor swimming pool, in case of inclement weather. We are planning on taking the ferry from Rosslare to Pembroke and driving down, so ideally would like recommendations for somewhere less than 5 hours from Pembroke. Don't want Hav*n, went to one of their camps in North Wales a few years ago and we didn't like it ! Thanks for all recommendations.

I'm curious why you use a * in the name of that chain - have they cyber bullies they set on you? ;-) We used THAT chain in Yorkshire last year and had a good time.

Anyway, back to helping you. We stayed in Hendra Holiday Park 2 years ago, fairly near Newquay. Quite happy with it, maybe a bit on the pricey side but Cornwall seems to be a bit dearer than elsewhere in UK. There is a charge for the pool which is a downside. Other than that the food and pubs are grand, play areas not bad. Our kids were younger than yours but really enjoyed the evening entertainment.

Have you a caravan or are you renting a mobile home? The campers toilets, showers etc were all good.

Could really recommend Cornwall - St Ives is fab, Crealy Adventure Park, Dairyland Farm is surprisingly good. Minack Theatre and beach near it are also great. So check our Hendra and then see if can do better on price. We broke the journey to there with a night at Mill Farm (or something like that), maybe an hour south of Bristol, near Bridgewater - let me know if you're interested and I can dig out the proper name. Lovely spot, indoor and outdoor pool, probably not near enough the coast for a full holiday but great for a stopover.

(& not to put you off Cornwall but great ferry prices to France on Celtic Link - same as cost of getting to UK)

The "*" is just a habit at this stage, on another website I frequent, you don't name the company, is it to do with advertising or something, but I never name them in full. From what I can see in relation to the particular campsite we went too we just had bad luck because i have read on other posts who have liked other parks, but you live and learn.

But Betsy Og, thanks for all that, we did look at Hendra and as you say the charge to use the indoor pool is off putting. We would be renting a caravan or lodge or chalet, or whatever. I have looked at holiday homes but a lot seem to be on farms and not that pushed on that for the week (husband is from a farm and doesn't want to go on hols to one). I agree that Cornwall seems to be a bit pricier. Ferry is covered under the Tesco club vouchers (named a company there :)) so we thought Cornwall would be nice ! Would be interested in the stop over though because we thinking of taking an extra night on the road back up to Pembroke.

Betsy Og. We are thinking of heading over to Devon/Cornwall but are going to stay in a private rental. I thought that we might break the journey from Pembroke and stay over one night in a cheapish hotel. Has anybody got a recomendation for a one night stay to break the journey.

Back