holiday offer florida and caribbean

S

sunrock

Just being thinking of a telephone holiday offer i received about a year ago.
It was a cold telephone call and basically was a holiday in florida for about aweek ,all incl , also tckts for disneyetc plus 3 day cruise to the caribean...this for all the family for a cheap price ..forget exactly what it was
Only problem was one had to get to and from florida on your own steam and the dates are set ......would only suit someone who was there anyway or could fly there cheap....anyway i declined the offer ..they needed credit card details there and then..
Has anyone else received this type of holiday offers...any thoughts?

Definitely thought it was risky....one gives over your credit card details....presumably the amount of the holiday is deducted...then travels to florida on own steam...is the holiday then genuinely available.
I don`t like any holiday offers where the flights are not included...i.e. its up to you.
I`d imagine that a lot of people would find it too much hassle to get flights to fit into the holiday scheduele...thus the co. making this offer could sell the "holiday" to many more people than it had rooms for knowing of the large no. of cancellations.
Of course companies such as r.c.i....resorts cond int sell a lot of their unbooked rooms in the off season to 3rd parties.
Anyone have more detailed info or who actually went on one of these or similiar holidays?

Cold calls that ask for your credit card details up front should not be entertained for 1 second. Even if the holiday was offered for free you would end up regretting it.

I know it's not the same thing but it's bringing back a memory of Barbados years ago. Typical timeshare selling crap. 5 star hotel, seaviews, blah blah blah. Listened to her waffle for a few minutes then told her I didn't have a credit card. Never saw anyone move so fast!

Back