Holiday last min

SARAHPMAN

Hi i am hoping to take a week anywhere from the 29th of july. don't have a lot of money to spend. was wondering how long should i wait till i book. someone said i should wait two days before (i.e 27th)

anybody any experience in getting cheep holidays and where i should book and go.

Sign up for Stein Travel newsletter - comes in every couple of days with last minute deals. Check Budget/Falcon too. Also I noticed The Star newspaper has last minute deals on their holiday page. I'd be interested to know how you get on as I plan to do the same thing first week in August. Good luck!

it will be the first week of augest i am goin but saturday of that week is 29th July. I have been warned that this will be a hard week to get anything on last minuit as it is builders holidays.

My parents often decide at the last minute that they want to go away. I used to look online for deals but we've found that the best/cheapest way to do it is to call to a travel agents on a wed/thurs, ask for last minute deals and then they fly off on the Saturday.
Just make sure that you know the name of the accommodation before booking rather than booking the "our choice" deals.
Dont worry that its the week of the builders holidays because there are ALWAYS apartments available somewhere!

We got a deal once through ringing the travel agent in the week before we wanted to go and got a few offers before settling for an apartment in the Algarve in Portugal for 2 weeks very cheap. However, someone I know got two weeks in Ayia Napa, in Cyprus for €220 for the two of them. I don't think two weeks in a place like that is a bargain so I would suss out the reputation places have before agreeing a deal.