Holiday in Pisa/Florence

seanied

I am going to Italy in April, to spend 1 day in Pisa and the next 2 in Florence.
I am looking for recommendation on what to do and see while i am there. I was also wondering if ther is anything i need to pre book eg leaning tower, museums before my arrival.
thanks in advance

The Ufizi art gallery is the only thing you need to book.
Also to see is the Duomo plus around 3 other cathedrals (san lorenzo is one).
Very compact city everything is walking distance.The joshua tree pub is nice.
The ponte vechio bridge is a must.
A few hours in pisa is enough ,everything is around the leaning tower
nothing else in pisa of interest.
I take it your flying ryanair.1 hour bus yourney from pisa to florence.
The renaisance city is steeped in history.

Just come back from Florence. You should book the Uffizi Gallery and also the Galleria dell Academia (to see David). Both of these galleries have long lines that you can skip if you pre-book.

The Piazza d. Signoria has some great statues (I loved the Perseus holding the head of Medusa!) and also a David copy.

Other good places to visit are the markets around San Lorenzo (cheap Italian leather and wool), the Duomo, and Ponte Vecchio. For traditions sake, rub the boar statue's nose in Mercanto Nuovo (on Porta Rossa) and throw in a coin.

thanks for the advice!
I am flying with Ryanair into Pisa so i hope to start early in Pisa and then head straight down to Florence in the afternoon. Do i need to book anything for the leaning tower?
How long would i need to spend in the Uffizi gallery and also are there any wine tasting tours i could go on from florence?

I'm not sure about Pisa and the wine tasting, but you can fly through the Uffizi in under an hour if your hard-pressed. Most people would take 1-2 hours I would think.

I could've stood in front of the Birth of Venus for ages!

Don't fly through the Uffizi ! Even the building itself is wonderful.

The statue of David is absolutely brilliant....I could have stood in front of that for hours.

One hour in Pisa & you'll want to be out of it. Once you've seen the Tower & the cathedral, that's it .......apart from tacky stalls & people hassling you to buy stuff.

Florence is something else, so enjoy.

By the way they have an ice-cream shop there with over 100 flavours

Back