Holiday in New York

onlyonpaper

4 adults planning a week in New York in August next. I would like to get some thoughts/experiences/recommendations on two bedroom apartments/suites in Manhatten area as even moderately rated hotels appear to cost from 1100 euro each for a week. Is it standard to go per calender week or does price vary for midweek

We used www.vrbo.com to book 1 bed in Manhattan; was very central and it cost us about 1100 USD for 4 nights for the place. It was tiny but they have a huge list on the site incl. loft apartments etc..

S

Check out www.radiocityapartments.com great location in central manhattan in the midst of everything you want to see, great reviews (check for example www. tripadvisor.com) and possibly the most affordable place to stay you can get (book early cos they are in huge demand!);)

Have you considered the Affinia hotel chain, www.affinia.com, they consistantly score well with on the Tripadvisor site.
Just randomly checking dates I see 7 nights there for a 1 bed suite from $2700-3600 range, while 2-bed suites are in the $4400-6100 range, but don't forget tax is on top of that.
The only other recommendation I would make are to consider priceline.com and hotwire.com, they are sites that sell you rooms at reasonable rates but you don't find out which hotel you are getting until you have booked (if you are interested www.betterbidding.com gives you a good idea of rates others have gotten, plus strategies for bidding, and possible hotels). I've gotten a 4* (Millennium UN Plaza) in NY for $125 a night, a good 'funky' 3*(Hudson) for $100 a night, less than half the quoted rate both times!

Another consideration you might want to make is that 4 adults might work out better value in 2 rooms, and maybe a bit of space would be nice, over a 7 day period!

Enjoy.

Back