Holiday in Ireland this summer

harvey

I am just back from 2 weeks holiday travelling around Ireland and thanks to the weather it was pretty unpleasant. Trying to entertain kids in the rain rain was difficult. Ended up having to buy a dvd player to keep them entertained. We spent way more because we seemed to always be eating and because we were mixing accomodation we were not able to cook ourselves. Hotels pretty expensive too but I did find the staff in the hotels really friendly. I feel that I never went away because it rained so much. Gripe over.

After many years of holidays in France decided to return to Ireland the first two weeks of July in the sunny South East in self catering - four star (sic) . It rained everyday, but we did get some sunny times (very rare) Bought a TV with a DVD in it the first day (morning at 7.30 am) after discovering that Tesco's opens 24 hours no less ! Cost of eating out was astronomical, but food was excellent. Felt very safe and relaxed with the kids and great to see family too. Back to France next year methinks no matter how hot it is! We thought with global warming that Ireland would be pleasant. Big mistake. Very happy to get back to warm and sunny Belgium, (shorts and tee shirts etc) with quality bed, proper shower and no need to turn on the heat, in fact have been closing curtains to keep house cool.

Have not added it up yet but will compare it with Clubmed prices of last year once I get the credit card bills and wouldn't be surprised if it's pretty close.