Holiday in France

collieb

Hi,

Thinking of a holiday in France in September. Having read lots of previous posts I have decided against taking the car on the ferry and am looking at Ryanair to Grenoble and hiring a car instead. It will be me and the girlfriend only for about 12 - 14 days. The plan is to head towards Annecy first and maybe spend a couple of days around there, then to drive down towards the Parc NAtional de la Vanoise, maybe into Italy and on towards the coast, perhaps staying a night or two in Villesfranches sur mer and Antibes and exploring the area around Nice etc., then follow the cost towards Marseilles and then heading up towards Lyon before back to grenobles. HAs anyone any experience of these areas and could you give me some help in filling in the blanks along the way (eg stopping off when driving from the PArc Vanoise towards the coast or when leaving the coast near Marseilles to go back up towards Lyon)? Any opinions etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks Macnas,

Thinking of changing it now and flying in and out of Girona, hiring a car and driving by motorway to Nice (360 miles according to AA routeplanner), then spending the 2 weeks driving back along the coast, stopping off here and there and perhaps spending last few days in Barcelona. Will definitely add Pont du Gard to the list of places to see though!

Bear in mind that the Rugby world cup is on in France in September, so it will be a little busier than usual.
Leo

Back