Holiday for 2 Adults and a 2 year old

blinkbelle

Looking at going on a sun holiday (not to hot) around the middle of july. This will be our first time bringing the little lady with us. We have been on holidays plenty of times, we like hot hot weather and lots a pubs (for night) and stuff to do during the day. We are in our early 20's

We have no idea at all where to go with our daughter, like would mainland spain be too hot for her? Could anyone suggest somewhere that there would be activites to entertain a 2year old? We are still unsure but would love to bring her with us. Maybe it would be better when shes a bit older.

Thanks
Blinkbelle

Re: Holiday for 2 Adults and a 2year old

I cant recommend anywhere in particular, but remember that a 2 year old
needs very little to amuse them - a slide, a swing, a paddling pool and
sand pit will do.

I brought my son, then 2, to Spain last September and he loved it. Quite happily sit on the beach all day or play in the park in the evening.

The temps in Spain, Portugal and the like are in the 30's at the mo, and depending on your little 'un, might be too hot by mid July.

Going to Bulgaria on Monday for 2 weeks (must get me head tested!) with him so we will see how we get on.

As long as you are prepared to watch them like a hawk and stay somewhere that is geared towards children, you should be ok. By that I mean, a hotel that wont mind if your kid is running around at 11 at nite while you have a drink. Depends on how comfortable you feel with it.

A weekend in Eurodisney might just do the job or a sand pit in your garden, few grand in your pocket and a babysitter!

In my experience, the Spanish are excellent when it comes to kids.

Accommodating, tolerant, helpful, friendly - I would guess nearly anywhere in Spain or Canaries would be a good choice as hotels/appartments, providing they are promoted as 'kid friendly', are usually well equipped.

Mainland Spain or Canaries would be pretty hot in July though - not sure if there are any resorts further up the med. coast in Spain that would be worth looking into?

our first holiday we went with our 2yr was in Majorca. We stayed at the 4* Prinsotel La Dorada just outside Alcudia in Playa De Muro. I think we booked through Falcon. I can recommend there. Its very clean and there is plenty shops & restaurants within walking distance. We went in June so I would say in July, like all places around the pool and restaurants it gets busier.

[broken link removed]