Holiday destination 2 adults mid july.

patspost

Hi folks, a bit of advice needed as regards our holiday destination this summer.
We (Mrs Pp and myself) are looking for somewhere not too hot in July for 7-10 days.
We were origionally going to head to Croatia (Isthmus peninsula) but I have been advised that it will be near 40 deg there probably.
That is too hot for us, we are both fair haired & burn easy and mid 20s is generally enough for us!

We have a budget around €2000 and given the time duration short haul rather than too far.
We would like a combination of beach /maybe park city type of thing, maybe move around a bit to get between beach time and touring.
I know the US $ is good at the moment but wouldn't be sure where to go if we went to the US.
Any nice areas in northern europe?
Any suggestions please

How about Iceland? Not very warm for sea-swimming but lots of thermal pools and being fair you'll feel right at home.
Lots of activities, touring.

[No direct flights from Dublin, though, not at this time of year. ]
Just a thought.

EUR/ISK make a trip to Iceland more favuorable than it has been for years also.

Have you been to Barcelona? I am heading there in July. From what I gather temperatures range from 29 to 34 degrees C. in that month. it has the advantage of being not too far away, a lively city and on the coast.

hi, we have been to a place in north Georgia USA, and while not on the sea front, there is a massive lake which is warm to swim in (boats available for hire), plenty of outdoor activities, golf, fishing, walking, shopping and great accommodation and with the present exchange rates I think it is good value. We think it is a relaxing holiday to go on. If you want more info pm me and I can send more info. optimistic

Tks for the replies folks.
I would think not a snowballs chance of getting Mrs PP to Iceland in the summer.
We have been to Barcolena- nice place.
Tks for suggestions, has anybody been to Poland?, any experiences / places to visit?
Tks

Have you tried Bulgaria? It's not too hot (28-30 degrees) and there's loads to do. I'm going back to Sunny Beach for the 2nd time in 3 years. Went to Spain and Portugal last year but it just wasn't as nice and felt like I was being ripped off. Hotels are of a much higher standard and everything is so cheap over there.

Tks for suggestions, has anybody been to Poland?, any experiences / places to visit?
Tks

Would highly recommend. We travelled from Gdansk to Warsaw and on to Krakow. There is tons to see and found most of the people we met incredibly nice. We were there late August/early September and it was warm but not too hot.

I'm sure there are other existing threads on Poland if you run a search.

Back