Holiday Comp notified us of "Renovations at Apartments" What can we do?

poppy265

I am booked to go to Lanzarote in May for a Wedding and the tour operator sent us a letter informing us of renovations taking place at our apartments , they state that they will take place from 10am to 5pm - this is not what i want !! What rights do i have? can i change to an alternative apartments? or am i stuck with what i booked?

i booked through a travel agent and they said that they will contact the tour operator and see what they can do about it and call me back but that was yesterday lunch time and i still haven't heard back - but she said that there isn't much availability left for the time we want to go, and the apartments that are left are cheaper that the one we are booked into.

This happened me a few years ago too, I had only paid a deposit at the time but I didn't want to be next to a building site for the entire holiday so I requested and received my deposit back and booked somewhere else.

Happened me last year (also in Lanzarote), the tour operator offered Malta as an alternative!

Happily, the renovation works had been completed for at least a week by the time I arrived (although the tour operator didn't tell me that, could have saved a lot of bother!)

As a matter of interest, poppy, what apartments are they? I ask because I'm going to Lanzarote in 3 weeks, not through a tour operator, so fingers crossed it's not my accommodation!

OP - I very much doubt building work starts at 10 am more like 7am in Spain. I would try and get out of it or go to a different appartment complex.

Quick update - the tour operator said that i can move apartments but i will have to pay extra money - this seems ok to me but there are only two locations left - both don't suit me - one is very basic and the other is not in the location i want !! so now i don't know what to do - do you think i would get my money back?