'hole in wall' for dryer? who can do this properly??

Blossy

'hole in wall' for dryer? who can do this properly??

the reason i am asking is i was previosly renting and in this house the dryer vent was shoved thru a hole in the wall, but wasnt insulated etc, so i ended up putting old clothes around it to prevent a draught.
im guessing the landlord did a DIY job on it!

How much would it cost for it to be done properly??

Any help would be great
in Cork

you can get insulation filler in most hardware shops, shouldnt be any more then 10e. Lads in hardware shop will tell you which one. Just point at area to insulate and squirt. So to speak.

If you haven't already purchased the dryer why not consider getting a condensor dryer, no need for the vent pipe or hole. I think you can get a condensor box for the one that requires the vent pipe as well, tho' not sure.

Any decent handy-man could complete this entire job in less than an hour, including time to clean up afterwards. Cut hole in wall, fit internal frame and pipe, insulate and fit external 'flappy' vent. At a guess, €80 - €100 including the bits?

Alternatively hire a four inch core bit and a cango from your local tool hire. Pre drill with a pilot then drill out your wall. standard four inch pipe will do going through the wall and fit your external flap onto this. tie wrap your internal flexi hose onto this. Seal externally with Silcon and any filler on the inside. Add extra insulation if required, depending on if you have a solid or timber frame home.

Back