Holday In New England/Great lakes

Delboy

Hi,

going to the US in May...New York for the Sligo game!!! But then going to head up to Boston and maybe on to the great lakes, perhaps from the Canadian side.
Has anyone done a trip like this? Any recommendations, things to see,places to visit...how to go about organsing it all?
I've seen other US trips discussed here but it's mainly LA-San Fran-Las Vegas so just wondering has anyone done a trip like the 1 I'm suggesting above.
Thanks for the help...

Correct me if wrong, but I don't think any part of New England touches any part of the great lakes !:)

Re: Holiday In New England/Great lakes

Correct me if wrong, but I don't think any part of New England touches any part of the great lakes !:)

it does'nt but we're planning on visiting some parts of new england before heading for the great lakes.....

But then going to head up to Boston and maybe on to the great lakes, perhaps from the Canadian side.

Are you planning on flying to Canada from Boston or.... ? There are some nice drives to Canada from Boston

Are you planning on flying to Canada from Boston or.... ? There are some nice drives to Canada from Boston

driving...hire a car in boston, see some of new england and then head to toronto from the canadian side of the lakes...no set plan

A nice trip from Boston is to head up through New Hampshire to Vermont - heading all the way to Burlington and Lake Champlain (I-93 and then I-89), you can cross the lake by Ferry into upstate New York and take the I-87 all the way to Montreal up through the Adirondack mountains (from there jump across to Toronto). You will probably want to take a few days to do this and soak up the sites in beautiful New Hampshire and Vermont, and indeed, upstate New York.

I suggest a night in Burlington at least (and two if arriving there in the evening time), there is a nice feel to this city. You might wanna take a couple of nights in Montreal before heading along Lake Ontario to Toronto.

When you hit Toronto you aren't far from Niagara falls which you could do en route to the I-90 back to Boston (If flying back out of there).

No affiliation but I have always used www.nova.co.uk for car hire - they give you an all-in price (they use Alamo but are always cheaper than going direct to Alamo).

If you have any other specific questions just let me know, I have travelled a lot around New England (and yes I know New York is not part of New England:D !)

Hope this helps

Back