HKC Alarm

morpheus

Just realisewd that our new house has a HKC secure watch alarm fitted, prev occuppiers have no user manual.

went to HKC.ie and downloaded both user and manager manuals BUT i cannot access manager menu because i have no acecss code. Ive tried calling HKC but cannot get through to them (will try again monday) in meantime, does anyone know if they use a standard company wide code that is available to homeowners or will this end up costing me a callout fee?

all i want to do is to access my main box so i can replace a battery and i assume like most other alarms that i need to enter a manager code to open the box!?

regards,
morpheus

Sounds like the installer did not enable the manager menu( this is of no use to you when replacing the battery). To enable this you need to have the engineer code. HKC will not be able to help you here.
You can replace the battery without the engineer code, all that will happen is when you remove the cover off the panel the alarm will go off. Then just turn it off and proceed to replace the battery

Hi again,

checked the alarm (removed the fuse so i could open the door to get at the battery without setting off the tamper)

Found that the battery is not flat, but that it has been left deliberately disconnected?

The only problem i can find is that the external bell tamper is faulty, the wiring seems fine down at the box in the hall so it could be faulty up at the bell itself (ladder job).

As i still dont have the engineer code I think that I will have to contact the alarm company and get them out to look at it or to see if they will give me the code (i doubt they will) so i can carry out my own repairs. Im trying to save money here so will get quote from them and ask a mate who is an electrician to check it up for me too.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

By the way, has anyone ever heard of Task Security Systems??? they fit alarms apparently, they fitted the one in the house we bought I assume, because their name is on the bell box outside.

Back