Hitch fitting price ?

zag

Does anyone know how much it typically costs to fit a hitch ? I looked at the price of the hitch itself on http://www.micksgarage.ie and it was about €125 or so, but this wouldn't have included fitting.

Also, does the fitting normally include electical wiring ? This would be pretty essential for towing anything.

z

I think the type of vehicle will have a bearing, but probably not that much. I was quoted €275 for a Mondeo estate, to include wiring. There were two options, but I'm not sure I understood them properly, and one was a little dearer than the other. (This reply is probably of limited use to you!)

Hi,
Depending on the Hitch the fitting cost is approx 1.5 - 2 hours labour and that would include wiring.

rgds
MicksGarage Support

I was quoted €350 to fit a hitch plus electrics on an Avensis Estate (not by a Toyota dealer). I thought it a bit expensive and didn't go for it as I already had a hitch on my other car. If your car is fairly new then I suggest getting a price off the dealer for comparision. I've seen a lot of botch jobs on bumpers that needed to be cut so that the hitch can be fitted. Finally, if you don't actually tow stuff all that often consider getting a detachable hitch. These are great IMO.

i was on the micks garage website and it seems to be only an internet based shop - do they fit the hitch also ?

I think they are a supply-only site, but I was looking at them to get a comparitive price for a fitting quote I was given. Based on the replies so far, I think the €250 quote I got (from a local garage) for supply & fit is reasonable.

As it happens I hadn't looked at their site before, but if I had I would have bought a replacement headlight for my ex-car from them based on price. I went looking for a replacement a few months back and was told it would cost something like €250 from a dealer. I reckoned the dealers must think the Celtic Tiger has gone entirely mad if they expect people will pay that amount for a headlight. Sure, they are precision things and require a but of assembly and so on, but €250 is just a little on the high side for supply only. I checked micksgarage.ie yesterday for the same light and it was something like €90 or so.

z