Hit and run car accident - advice needed

room305

My friend was in a car accident on Sunday evening in which she was quite badly hurt. The other driver (who was at fault) fled the scene managing to cause another accident in the process. The accident occured on the south bound side of the M50 at around 5.30pm last Sunday evening (6th April) about 300M before the Blanchardstown exit. The other driver went into the back of my friend's car causing her car to go into the back of the car in front. After the crash the driver reversed onto the overtaking lane causing a three car pile-up, before fleeing the scene.

Apart from being in crippling pain which is preventing her from returning to work and having her own car badly damaged, my friend is also responsible for the damage to the car in front. Despite three calls to the emergency services at the time of the accident no Gardai arrived at the scene. They now say the emergency services calls were never officially logged on their system.

The driver was a white male, driving a gold or mustard coloured saloon car, quite possibly a Nissan Primera or something similar. If anybody happened to be in the area at the time or has any information whatsoever please PM me, all replies will be treated in the strictest of confidence and your anonymity respected.

Any advice on how she should proceed would be most welcome.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Have you checked to see if any of the traffic centre cameras on the M50 picked it up? Dublin corporation traffic centre should be in the phone book.

That's awful, I hope she'll be ok.
There should be a record of the emergency calls on her phone network,along with the length of call, so she can prove that she phoned.
I don't suppose anyone that was involved in the accident(s) managed to get the hit and run's number-plate?

Nicola

Sorry to hear about your friend. Have you checked to see if any of the traffic centre cameras on the M50 picked it up? Dublin corporation traffic centre should be in the phone book.

She rang them but unfortunately the cameras are only set up to monitor not record. So unless someone happened to be watching that particular camera or rang them shortly after the accident took place there was little they could do.

She also rang the toll booth who said they could only look it up if they had the registration number which seemed to somewhat miss the point.

Unfortunately nobody out of the five other cars involved managed to get the licence plate number. My understanding is that the Gardai are not denying she called the emergency services (she was put through to the nearest Garda station and even spoke to someone there) but are claiming it was never entered into their pulse system. So no alert sent out about the car fleeing the scene, no report, no crime number - she might as well just be informing them about the accident now.