Historical Pictures

LFC Murphy

Hi there,

I was sitting in a pub in dublin and my girlfriend noted a picture of the street she grew up (The picture is approx 50+ years old)
Anyway she is interested in getting a copy, however I siad Id ask around before approaching the bar owner.

The picture is of Irishtown road, I'll find out the old name and post it.

Does anyone know where to get a copy of such pictures.
Thanks

There's also a guy at the Sunday market in Fairyhouse RC. His pictures are grouped by county, and also by Dublin suburb.

very good, I'll give it a go. It'll be a few weeks before I get back to dublin, but will let ye know.

Again thanks

Its slightly off topic but she could check out the collections in the National Library - the Lawrence Collection is the largest -

[broken link removed]

This way, she could get the name and the catalogue number of any photo she likes - this would probably be a quicker way of tracking down a photo from your locality at the shops mentioned..

As mentioned above, try these guys. I have bought reprints of old pictures of my own home town and my Dad's home town from them. Practically all towns, villages covered. No affiliation.

Irish Historical Picture Company,
5 Lr. Ormond qy.,
Dublin 1.
Phone : 01 8720144

Regards,

teddyk.

As mentioned above, try these guys. I have bought reprints of old pictures of my own home town and my Dad's home town from them. Practically all towns, villages covered. No affiliation.

Irish Historical Picture Company,
5 Lr. Ormond qy.,
Dublin 1.
Phone : 01 8720144

Regards,

teddyk.

I have tried these guys too and they are very good. Photos of everywhere you can imagine. I have no affiliation with them.

Back