hiring a photographer

yamr6

I know this will just come across as cheap, but I would like to hire someone to take pics in both a formal and informal way at a wedding without both the standard wedding cost or terrible posed results. I assume a large proportion of the photographers cost is the time and expense afterwards of printing and making up albums.
I would be happy to have a photographer spend 3 hours just taking casual shots of everyone chatting and hanging out as well as some pics of wedding party . I would then want all the pics taken loaded on a cd so I can have them printed off at a later date. Anyone ever do this?

Hi yamr6,

We have booked a photographer to do this for our wedding next year. His style is less formal to regular photographers. He was recommended by friends and he showed us alot of pictures from wedding he's done.
PM me if you want his details, PS he is based in Cork.

Depends where you are based, I know a guy that does this and he is based in Dublin but travels a good bit but not sure how far. I can PM you his number if you want. Has done weddings for the whole family and many friends and all were delighted with the photos. He favours the relaxed style of wedding photography.

Hi,

just updating this thread by saying that in the end we did locate a professional photographer who did a three hour session at our wedding and supplied us with all pics on cd for a fantastic price and he was great to deal with!

He is in Galway and I would recommend him to anyone.

I would love any recommendations for a photographer in the Dublin/Wicklow area who might do this also

Thanks

You should try weddingsonline.ie it a good place to find info on any supplier.

Back