Hiring a comedian

Saudi

Hi

Does anyone know how you would go about hiring a comedian for a work function? Would like to get someone decent and have a bit of money to spend. Can't seem to track down agency details, any help appreciated.

S

I know the country's transport infrastructure is a joke, but I don't think that's what the OP was looking for!

I was thinking along the lines of hiring a stand up as opposed to a circus of clowns....

It really depends on what kind of comedy you'd be looking for but there are a wide variety of comedians on the circuit in Dublin and around the country. I do a bit of stand-up myself but wouldn't be up to hosting a whole night and my style might go over some peoples' heads.
If you're interested I can put you in touch with someone who would get someone suitable for you or if you prefer you could head around the plethora of comedy clubs in the capital and approach someone who fits your need directly. Very good comedians are not necessarily a high cost.
[broken link removed]

The Lisa Richards agency represents a lot of the comedians. Try their site or their [broken link removed]site

There are plenty who think they can run the country..... you'll have plenty to choose from after Thur!

I have been on to Lisa Richards agency via email twice and they were no help to me. Seeing this post has just reminded me and I have sent them a third mail. I was looking to do a comedy night as a fundraiser and probably aimed to high with Neil Delamere as first choice. I did look at comedy nights before for a festival we ran and contact several people and the only person to come back to me was the organiser of the Cat Laughs festival in Kilkenny and he told me to contact local comedy clubs like City Limits in Cork etc. I think on a website called entertainment.ie there is a comedy page and if you clicked on that it might be of help.

Thanks for the help guys, had the same experience with the Lisa Richards agency, chasing them now.

Cheers