hint on engagement ring and diamond shopping at home and abroad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genghis Khan

Hi there i have read a few threads on engagement rings and feel there are a few posters here with vested interests on both sides of the , buying at home vs buying abroad discussion , particularly a few who are on almost every thread.
I have a definite interest in this subject as I own a diamond jewellery
manufacturing workshop in Dublin.
I have been in the trade for 10 years only ,and learn new things everyday,
whilst my focus is more on the art and craft of diamondjewellery as opposed to diamonds as a commodity.

I have been suprised at the lengths people will go to to save on an Irish retail prices , ie flying to antwerp etc. The only thing that I have not understood is if people are going to all the trouble of sourcing out
jewellers in antwerp etc , why are they not looking for Irish manufactures,
who sell at internationaly competative prices ,many exporting there goods to other countries.
all manufactures sell to the public aswell , they just do very little advertising, leaving the mainstream to the retailer.

So the key to my advice is if you want to save money without the stress just find a manufacturer .all will u have to do is take a trip slightly off the beaten track as opposed to a trip abroad.

Ok you have my attention ....I am starting the process of looking for a ring and I am willing to go off the beaten track... Where would you reccommend - not only yourself !!!

Also what recourse do you have with a manufacturer - surely a mug like me could get the wool pulled over his eyes with a bad product - at least in a shop on the high street I would have some come back....

If you were starting a search with minimum info and no experience with a set budget what would you do????

Status
Not open for further replies.