high powered airplane doing "Loop the loops" over my house

alert

Hello,

Everyday an individual in a high powered airplane, (ie not a cessna), has taken it upon themseles to practice their loop the loops above my house and our town.

As you can imagine the noise and the fact that they might at any minute crash is a tad disconcerting.

Would anyone out there know if it is legal to do this over a populated area or if there is some body actually responsible for monitoring this kind of activity?

Thank you,

ALERT.

Re: Loop the Loops

In German villages where they have trouble like this they just let up "balloons on a long piece of string" to deter the planes.

If this is someone training there will be no flight plan in place so there is no point in ringing the IAA about this.

You'll need the reg of the aircraft along with time and date and then you can report this to the IAA who will take their time inspecting this.

May be worth contacting IAA on this - if, as you say, it involves aerobatics, I'd imagine that there must be laws or rules against performing aerobatics over populated areas due to the risk of crashing into houses. Aerobatic displays generally arent permitted over housing.

not allowed,get the registration you will need binoculars,if you can video the performance and report it to director of aviation safety iaa,aviation house, burgh quay, dublin2. The registration letters are painted under the left hand wing and along both sides of the fuselage,if the registration markings are numbers and no lettering this usually means that the aircraft is military and the air corps baldonnell is responsible.