high performance wooden windows

S

sleatytom

hi
i am trying to source good quqlity high performance wooden windows for new house can anyone help

Hi,

Try Harmon Vinduer, based in Dublin. [broken link removed]

Try Wright Window systems @www.wrightwindowsystems.ie

I replaced my Rationel Vinduer windows with hardwood windows from Wrights and, so far so good.

Appart from some installation issues which they went to great trouble to resolve, I have no complaints

we haven't actually moved in yet but we got our windows from www.viking.ee and they are basically the same as rationel windows but half the price. the company was set up as a subsidiary of rationel and then the management bought it out. they look great but obviously I can't give a full review of them as we haven't moved in yet. ours were ordered by our builder who has a couple of estonian lads working for them and he's used them in a number of houses he's built in the midlands recently and all the people who've used them are happy.

Do any of the above do replacement sash windows? Any idea who I should go to for these?

marvin architectural with its european headquarters in Dunlavin Co Wicklow.

very good and can deal with unusual requirements

family got sash windows from crowd called eagle windows, thought the service was very good, not sure of web address - 086 3840403 is the number,

dereko1969, i would really appreciate your comments on viking windows once you have formed your opinion on the quality etc. we are building a house in longford next year and are starting to source suppliers of windows etc.

There's a company called Kells Windows (website here with contact info only). Haven't dealt with them but have seen their refurbished and replaced sash windows in a few places and they look fantastic.

lorna will do, hopefully we'll be in before christmas and will have some experience of their reliability over the winter.