High Gloss Kitchens Price Guide

C

craigmahon

Hi looking to have a high gloss kitchen installed. Looking for rough prices and who is best value.I have budget of about 8000 would this be enough.Looking for around 15 units

Cash & Carry Kitchens, Kitchen World, B&Q, Noyeks, Panelling center etc

Hi Craigmahon,

We're going for a high gloss kitchen also. We've decided to use a company called Gallagaher Kitchens. The're based in Lucan, Dublin. The price is around €8,000 plus price for granite worktop.

We've had some very good recommendations for these guys. There was no bullsh*t sales patter form the girl who came out to measure up and design the kitchen, she litened to what we wanted and came up with a design which we are pretty happy with although we may need to tweek it a little.

We had another Dublin based Kitchen company in and the designer in the business suit was only interested in putting in as many fancy swinging/revoling expensive units as possible. They came in at 14k without the granite worktops. A neighbour told us about a nightmare situation they had with this particular company so we were never going to use them after we heard the bad reports.

I think the likes of Magnet would be 18K plus granite worktop and another crowd we dealt with on the red cow roundabout were about 22K plus granite.

The likes of cash &carry/B&Q would be cheaper again even when you add in the installation costs but in our case we have a confined space and want to maximise the usage of space, so some cupboards will be non-standard and specially made rather than off the shelf.

The granite worktop will be around €3,000

Give Tierneys Kitchens in Man O War North county Dublin a Call. Used them this year for High Gloss Kitchen got quite a Large one Incl Worktop for just under 8K.

Mention how much you have to spend so they will tailor to suit you.

Try D1 kitchens in Millenium Business Park - have used them twice and found them very competitive, friendly and good to deal with. They actually worked out cheaper than cash and carry and others that do not install.
Personally I wouln't tell anyone how much I wanted to spend - just give them rough measurements and then see what they are quoting based on your preferences - the type of worktop you choose will determine the price more than anything.

Whats a high gloss ktichen? Myself and the missus are going kitchen shopping tomorrow so I'm reading up...

Smooth shiny surfaces - so polished looking that you could almost see your reflection in them. Like [broken link removed]. Type high gloss kitchen into Google for loads of examples.

Try D1 kitchens in Millenium Business Park - have used them twice and found them very competitive, friendly and good to deal with. They actually worked out cheaper than cash and carry and others that do not install.

Hi 900TS, welcome to AAM. In accordance with the [broken link removed], could you confirm whether you have any association with this company?
Thanks,
Leo

Craigmahon,

We got our high gloss units in the panelling centre. We got ours at trade price working out at €4.4k for 4 metres across top and bottom units and an island unit. Installation was €900. We're getting granite work top which is working out at approx. €3.5k. Highly recommend pannelling centre. We're going to a separte crowd for the granite worktop.

Good luck with it.

You'll have fun trying to keep those high gloss units clean.

Mrs. donKing thinks they will be much easier to clean than the country style kitchen we have at the moment.

Have you had bad experiences with high gloss?

DonKing,

I don't have high gloss units, but in kitchen I do have a mirrored oven door, patio door and a two-year-old who likes to leave paw marks on them.

Hi,

We got high gloss (white) about 8 months ago. 2 kids, lots of handmarks but no problem to clean. I would stay away from the darker colours (red/black) if pawmarks/handmarks are likely to be an issue. Trade prices in panelling centre are great though the kitchens are flatpacked (unlike Cash and Carry, who if memory serves only do a vanilla off white high gloss, they may have updated their range since). Panelling centre will give you a list of fitters too.

Jack

Thanks for the replies. We have a 1,4 and 6 year old so we might be busy wiping paw marks!

We're going for a cream coloured high gloss so it might help.

Leo - in relation to your query, no - absolutely no connection to D1 - just used them twice and as I say found them very competitive.

Hi

Also in the market for a high gloss kitchen and have been to Panel Centre and Cash & Carry Kitrchens. Found Glenwise Kitchens in Crumlin good to deal with and around a similar price to that of the Panel Centre, but better to deal with. Haven't bought anything yet though.

Hi, I am also gathering quotes for a high gloss kitchen. I have been told by one designer that colours other than white are more expensive than white (have a quote for whit, still waiting on a quote for another colour).
They also told me that the doors with a grey back as opposed to offwhitw or beige, are a much stronger door and would also be more expensive.
Is this true and has anyone else experienced this?

Back