hiding skype name in dropdown list

dave28

All users of skype on an individual pc appear on the dropdown list at the sign-on stage . As the pc is shared, can i delete my skype name after use - I know it is password protected but for security i would prefer it not to appear there for the next user

Run something like CCleaner to clear all that kinda stuff.

You should be using different profiles for each user though.

The thing is with Skype, since i last updated to the new version, whenever i am online it automatically picks up on peoples names, including my own.

So say i am on facebook and i am looking at my friends, Joe Bloggs, page. A new icon appears at the end of his name and gives me the option to call him from the webpage so i think this could be a concern for shared PC's without seperate profiles.

All users of skype on an individual pc appear on the dropdown list at the sign-on stage . As the pc is shared, can i delete my skype name after use - I know it is password protected but for security i would prefer it not to appear there for the next user

hi dave; if I am understanding your query; what you can do is; at the sign on stage, go down to your user name and delete it; when you sign in again and then sign off..go to the sign in stage and again delete it. each time you delete it, it shouldn't appear.

zil

Back