Hi I just missed a credit card payment of minimum balance 6 euro by mistake balance was 777 will thi

praveen

Hi
I just missed a credit card payment of 777.minimum balance was 6.99 and the bank charged me.will this affect if I apply for mortgage.

There's generally a 30 day grace period before a missed credit card payment gets reported to ICB.
However, it might impact your internal credit score with the bank that you have credit card with. To avoid it happening, you should really set up a DD for at least the minimum payment.

To avoid it happening, you should really set up a DD for at least the minimum payment.

+1

I am astonished by people who mismanage their credit card payments and do have their records affected.

I was speaking to someone recently whose direct debit bounced because the salary was a day late. It took him a while to sort it out and he got refused a mortgage because it happened twice. I am not sure that he told me the full story. The stupid thing was that he was saving up for the deposit in another account which had loads of money.

Brendan

Back