HGV Parking

Mr Blond

Hi,

I am thinking about starting a small business which will require me to buy a HGV. At the moment I am just putting figures together to see if I think its a runner.

One problem I have is I live in a semi detached house and would not be able to park it outside.

So my question is there anywhere in Dublin that you can park a HGV safely, and if so how much would this cost.

If you dont live or work near there then its useless information.
Also I dont know how the port tunnel and the new city centre rules would affect your HGV.
But I've seen a lot of HGV vehicles parking near the Phoenix park and Guinness factory and along the Heuston Station end of the Quays and that general area .

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,I was looking for something more secure as its not a truck its a coach so would not want to leave it on the street.

mr blond there are alot of truck parks around dublin these days as everyone has the same predicament as you ,there is on big one in clondalkin near the dart station and a few in talllaght as for rates im not sure,but they are out there,i hate to think how much there are if car parking is anything to go by,,

I believe it's actually illegal to park a HGV outside a house on the street.

Just in case this comes up again and anybody else needs the info.A place out on the old airport road does HGV parking for 3.30 a day plus vat which is not bad IMO.

Back