Herberton on the luas line..advice please

S

shell_75

Hi, looking into buying here at [broken link removed] as some very competitive prices and good rental area. However, I've just realised that this is a regeneration project of fatima (it's on the grounds where the mansions once stood). What does anyone think about resale value and also does anyone know what percentage of the location is going back to the original residents?
Ta

Hi Im in the same predicament as yourself.. Ive an apartment booked in block A, but am still a bit aprehensive!! prices are very competitive in comparison to any other developments in the dublin 8 area, and the apartments are great sizes, come with lots of extras, and generally are very high spec (from what Ive seen in the show apartment).. but yeah it is based on the old Fatima mansions, however Im hoping that close proximity to town & the luas on its doorstep, will keep it a good investment.. and hopefully after the regeneration project is through, the area will be better..

I can fill you in on what I have found out - Basically Phase I was finished last year I think, and that was the rehousing of all the original tenants of the fatima mansions. these are located around the back of the new proposed apartment blocks. I found a good map on the Fatima Regeneration website here [broken link removed] - at the bottom of this webpage is a powerpoint presentation you can download. Its similiar in style to the layout on the brochure and shows where everything is supposed to go.
I also found out from the estate agent, that there will be some more social housing in the new apartments but only in block F. There will be affordable housing mainly in block F, but also in some other blocks.

Are you looking at 1 or 2 beds? Block B is going to be ready first in MArch 08, where as block A is scheduled for June/July 08.. The other blocks havent been launched yet but the estate agent told me that the whole development is to be finished within 2.5 years.
If I think of anything else I found out I will let you know!

Roz

Hi,

A friend who lives near there told me that the people who lived in the old flats have to apply to get back into the complex. Presumably the Council hope to eliminate all the problems through this process.

Back