Help - Wooden Flooring

dublady

I have to get approximately 100 sq yards of floors fitted soon. At this stage I'm not sure what type of flooring to get - laminate or semi-solid. I've researched all the previous threads and I'm really confused.

1. Will a flooring fitter remove the existing laminate floor and skirting boards or just expect to walk into empty rooms with all furniture, flooring and skirting boards removed?

2. I have a new extension with a concrete floor but it's not totally level. There appears to be tiny areas where there's a dip in the floor (I'm not explaining this very well). Will these cause problems for the floor fitter? Should I get the builder to fill in these dips before final payment?

3. Can anybody recommend a good flooring company that has good workmen? I've heard a few horror stories from friends about the well known company I was going to use.

Many thanks

dublady said:
1. Will a flooring fitter remove the existing laminate floor and skirting boards or just expect to walk into empty rooms with all furniture, flooring and skirting boards removed?
Ask the fitter if he will remove the old flooring (you will have to pay). Ask in advance and then plan accordingly.

dublady said:
2. I have a new extension with a concrete floor but it's not totally level. There appears to be tiny areas where there's a dip in the floor (I'm not explaining this very well). Will these cause problems for the floor fitter?
Yes but it can be fixed.
dublady said:
Should I get the builder to fill in these dips before final payment?
Yes.

dublady said:
3. Can anybody recommend a good flooring company that has good workmen? I've heard a few horror stories from friends about the well known company I was going to use.
No but have you looked at other threads for this answer or even better can anyone you know recommend anyone?

Back