Help with Gas Boiler

réaltín09

Hi everyone,

I am a first time buyer who has just bought a new house and although I havent moved in yet, I have tried turning on the gas boiler to heat the house but its not lighting. I have NEVER used gas before so perhaps there is something im not doing right but can anyone advise me..
When I switch on the boiler in utility room, it makes a buzzing noise but it does not light..there is no flame lighting in the little window... the radiators dont get warm either... i have opened my account with Bord Gais and all so its not a connection prob i dont think..

any advice?

No, not at all.

There is no gas getting to boiler. Since you just bought the place, it may have been vacant for some time. Good chance a gas valve is turned off, maybe under boiler or at meter. It may just need to be turned on.

Cant seem to find the problem with the boiler. Rang Bord Gais and the only thing they suggested was to send out a technician for 90 euro...
I threatened to move companies cos we havent actually used any gas (having only recently signed up for BGais..) and the man offered us a free service engineer check tomorrow...hopefully he can help us...
we have only just moved in and the man who sold us the house already left us with a washing machine that flooded the whole kitchen.... so we dont need the added expense of a new machine AND BOILER!!!!!

safety guy came out today from Bord Gais..all is working again...saved 90 euro on a call out charge cos we threatened to move companies..happy days ! thanks for help

Back