Help with budget for 2 weeks in Greece?

Bluebean

hi all,

hoping to get to Greece for two weeks at the end of September. Can't seem to find an up to date guide to how much things cost over there nowadays, it all seems to be from a few years back.

If anyone has been, could you give me an approx guide for the following?

Dinner out each evening for 2 adults, with wine (1 bottle)

Lunch

Transport costs - buses in and around Athens, and also transport from Athens to the nearest islands

Appartment costs - hoping to stay in a self catering apartment in Athens for a few days and then somewhere near the sea for the remainder - possibly Aegina or Angistri following a fellow aamer's advice!

General costs over there - bottles of water, sandwiches, car hire, petrol.

I'll continue to google all of these, but if anyone has been there in the last year or so & can advise me then that would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Dinner for two plus wine near Acropolis - about €40. Cheaper elsewhere. The wine is cheap - can be €4 for a half litre of the house stuff. Lunch prob about €15 for two, again in a fairly touristy area. Will deffo be cheaper if you go to a non-touristy cafe.

Don't know about ferries to islands near athens but we went with Hellenic Seaways from Crete to Athens - [broken link removed] will give you an idea of prices.

Apartment costs - could be pricey in Sept as it's still considered high season. If Crete is any comparison, we got an apartment for €38 a night, but that was low season - think it's more like €50-€60 per night in high season.

Bottles of water are cheap from recollection - 80c for a two litre bottle or something like that. Dunno about car hire I'm afraid. Greece has great bakeries where you can buy a savoury pastry or sambo for €2 or so.

Sprite

Thanks for that Sprite, gives me an idea anyway of what sort of budget we are looking at.

You're welcome- enjoy it! Thought of one other thing having re-read your post - costs for an apt in athens (as opposed to an island) could be slightly more than I listed. We paid about $100 for a not-great hotel near Omonia. Islands are cheaper.

Sprite

Back