Help! Week away somewhere warm February

bradfield

Hey,

Hoping someone can help, want to do a week away somewhere warm last week in Feb NOT Canaries! Any suggestions! Somewhere to relax and chill do bit of shopping,walking eating!

Doesnt have to be package!

B

Marbella fits the bill for the eating, walking and shopping, and usually lucky with weather at that time of year. Cheap flights to Malaga, car hire from 100 euro a week, and hotels giving great deals.

Marbella fits the bill for the eating, walking and shopping, and usually lucky with weather at that time of year. Cheap flights to Malaga, car hire from 100 euro a week, and hotels giving great deals.

Marbella, and Puerto Banus are lovely places...of that there can be no doubt. However, the latter is now overrun with prostitutes. It's crazy down there. You cannot stand outside Sinatra's without being constantly hassled. It's a shame really. I used to spend my summers there as a kid and it just wasn't like that.

marbella and puerto banus is extremely expensive and p.banus is full of lager louts. i paid 13 euro for a bottle of corona there 2 yrs ago

Having lived ten years in three different Med countires i can say it is sometimes the worst month -cold,wet and windy . Even Canaries can be so-so. incidentally, why not Canaries

-sorry,thread broke.

..why not Canaries? Outside of the southern touristy parts of Tenerife and Las Canarias there are some great sightseeing and wonderful towns on these two large islands. Try smaller isles like Gomera for walks, though very quiet in Feb.

But for easy access to almost-certain warm weather try tour operators charter from Dublin to Red sea - or direct flight to the Gulf with Etihad-rather dear with hotel. Red sea best option .
Otherwise Florida with Aer Lingus.

If you´ve only got a week, forget about Spain. I have lived here for a number of years ( Costa del Sol ) and while we get some good weather in Feb, you could just as easily be stuck inside looking out at the rain for the whole week - and when it rains here it can be torrential - you can do nothing.

friend is just back from Kenya had a fabulous time. Like you didn't fancy Canaries. All inclusive beach hotel and three day safari where they saw the big five.

friend is just back from Kenya had a fabulous time. Like you didn't fancy Canaries. All inclusive beach hotel and three day safari where they saw the big five.

Kenya's great, I agree, but for 1 week, I wouldnt want to go through all the vacs and anti-malarial medication required.