Help wanted - Burning DVD with MPEG files

RainyDay

Hi folks - I've created a set of 12 mpeg files (about 100 MB each) using thePICME software, which allows you to create cartoons featuring your own little darling. However, I'm struggling to burn these mpeg files onto a DVD that can be viewed on my domestic DVD player.

Is there any idiot's guide to DVD burning? I checked out http://videohelp.com based on a recommendation from Clubman in another thread, but it seems to be very technical and specific, whereas I think I need some kind of general primer. I installed CDBurnerPro based on an indirect recommendation from Clubman, and I've followed the process with both DVD-RW and DVD-R disks, but my Sony DVD player/recorder can't seem to read the resulting disks at all.

All suggestions welcome.....

If not, try the [broken link removed] — very versatile, and free (but not quite as quick as Nero, I'll grant you!)

If not, try the [broken link removed] — very versatile, and free (but not quite as quick as Nero, I'll grant you!)

Looks like the Film Machine is limited to AVI files, not mpegs. I'm downloading the Nero trial as we speak.

Looks like the Film Machine is limited to AVI files, not mpegs.
Whoops, hadn't noticed that — sorry! I invariably find myself converting from .avi or .mp4 files...

Maybe the Xilisoft MPEG to DVD Converter would do it?

I've previously downloaded trials of Nero which, when I tried to install them, told me they were 'not compatible with this version of Windows XP' (standard XP Home, in my case). Go figure...

Many thanks folks - Nero did the biz for me, though I wouldn't describe it as quick (not on my antique Vaio laptop, anyway) - 7 hours to create/burn 1 DVD! Anyway, I have one more item to throw into Santa's stocking.

The DVD menu creation seems very powerful. I've just paid out a not insubstantial sum to a video production company to create a DVD menu facility in work. Perhaps we should have bought a Nero licence instead.