Help- problem with TASBOOKS and cant afford the tech support

Tina Do

Hi

I was doing a bank rec on TAS and I saw that the cashbook summary had a difference- I realised that I had stupidly put in the incorrect statement ending date in the previous bank rec for the month of May - instead of putting in 2/06/20 I put in 02/07/20. For my statement ending amount I correctly put in the amount on the bank statement for 02/06/20 so everything reconciled. But thinking that I hadnt reconciled June I put in a transaction dated 23/06/20 after the 02/07/2020. My bank rec to 03/07/2020 (which I did without knowing that I had put in the wrong date previously) is now coming up with a difference and I have tried everything to get the statement and the TAS bank amounts to match.

I unreconciled the troublesome transaction and I changed it to a date after 03/07/2020 and did another reconciliation to 08/07/20 (just to test it) but the 4-3-2 Bank Account Balance is still more that the statement amount

I have also tried unreconciling all transactions from the end of May and redoing a rec but the problem is still the same- I cant afford the TAS support so does anyone have any idea of a solution?

Is it possible to restore the database to the last known accurate state? I know this might mean additional data entry to key in the lost transactions but I know of no easy workaround.

Back