Help Please I've erased settings.

Ash 22

I need more help as my Internet Explorer is not closing down and I was following instructions that worked for somebody but I was'nt successful doing this. Don't know what I've done. I had got to the part where it said "delete files and settings stored by add ons " which I clicked "yes" then I was to see some advanced tab and click to restore some settings which I did'nt find so now don't know what I've done. I know on this site I had to reset my password etc. Help please.

Is IE your only browser? If possible, get online and download and install another browser as a standby. I suggest Opera as it's one of the smallest. At least then you can ask online for help (wider pool than AAM)

If you can't get online to do this, you might try another computer, download Opera onto a USB drive and then install it into the errant machine.

You could then Google "How to reinstall IE" or some such.

HTH

I dont understand fully what the problem is.

What you can do is

>Start
> Control Panel
> Add Remove Programs
> Add Remove Windows Components
> Untick Internet explorer keep clicking on NEXT
Once complete - this will uninstall Internet Explorer
> Tick on Internet Explorer keep clicking on Next
this will reinstall Internet and it should keep all favourites

If the above does not fix the problem, you need to clearly document what your problem is . Saying that Internet explorer does not close although it gives an indication of the problem - it does not give a full view of what happens and what you are doing.

I've a windows vista hp laptop. I do not seem to see add remove windows components there.

Caveat where do I find system restore? I've run the Super antispyware again and I seem to be back in business as regards being able to close Internet Explorer. Now the drop down bar on top where the frequently used sites are on all of them have disappeared off that so I have to retype in each site again. That probably happened when I deleted the settings.

Back